linuxdoc / docbook question

Hi,

I've written a HOWTO about setting up a software based CD Server under Linux.  I originally wrote it in word, then grabbed the first template from the LDP Author Guide and copied/pasted everything into the template (in vim).  The template I used was the "linuxdoc" template.  The problem is that when I tried using jade to render to HTML, there were tons of errors, unsupported tags, etc.  Apparently the template I grabbed was the wrong one, and I should have grabbed the "docbook" template ????  I really have spent a lot of time writing this howto, and will transcribe it all to the other template if I must.  Would it be easier to render the different formats if I use the "docbook" template?? Maybe I missed something simple.  Please advise, thanks.

Randy