RE: thanks, and another couple of questions :)

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> Whoops, I guess maybe I didn't need to reply to that one...  Oh well.  :-)

:)

> > 1) What is the command to auto-indent a document in psgml in
> > emacs? The
> > ld2db output is not exactly pretty, and this document is about 5,000
> > lines, so going line by line hitting tab is not really an option :)
>
> Hmm, yuck.  There seems to be a program called 'sgmlnorm' distributed with
> my copy of Jade, you might see if that does anything.  If not, the other
> program (which may require some trickery to make work) is called "tidy".
> It's by somebody at the w3c and was designed for HTML, but works on other
> documents almost as well.

A friend suggested using emacs apropos... I found something that sort of
worked :) Select all the text, and then do M-x indent-region. Takes a
while, but basically works like a charm. I suppose you can file that away
for the next time someone doesn't RTFM first.
Luis

P.S. sgmlnorm does uppercase all tags- is that better form? I seem to
recall something from HOWTO-squared to this effect, but I'm not sure.
Luis

	    "Summertime... and the living is easy...
	    fish are jumping and the cotton is high...
	    So hush, little baby, baby don't you cry."
					-Ella