Re: Manifesto

As someone who recently joined this list because he was interested in
writing a HOWTO, I think it is important to make it easy for an author who
has a desire to contribute, and an idea for, documentation to create it
in a format that LDP will accept. No offense to anyone who has worked on
the guidelines in the past, but the first time I looked into the
procedure to create a document in the recommended format for submission to
LDP documentation my head started to spin. I understand the need to make
the documentation portable, but if a potential contributor needs to learn
a whole new program (to them), such as LinuxDoc or DocBook, or jump
through a number of hoops to submit their documentation, they might just
decide it is not worth the effort.

Edward Corrado