Re: Publicity via the LWN

From: "David C. Merrill, Ph.D." <dcmerrill@mindspring.com>
> From: "Greg Ferguson" <gferg@hoop.timonium.sgi.com>
> > I'm willing to work with someone on this. Stein Gjoen has been
> > providing a monthly article to LWN (on behalf of the LDP); perhaps
> > he can assist (Stein?) or provide us with contacts at LWN to work
> > with.
>
> Come on, people, there's gotta be somebody with a few hours per month to
do
> this. The job consists of:

I just realized I could have given the impression that I didn't notice or
appreciate Ferg's offer. I want to clarify what I said.

My very strong feeling is that we need for people who are not already
involved to step forward and help out. Free software and free documentation
is a community resource and a community effort. YOU are the community. Give
something back.

I am doing that myself, so I have not problem whatsoever asking others to do
the same. Ferg, Poet, Jorge, and others are doing plenty already!

'nuff said.

Regards,

--
David C. Merrill, Ph.D.