Re: Making It Easy For New Authors (was Re: Style Guide)

    Hal> On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 11:09:22AM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
    >> David, just as strongly as you urge use of LinuxDoc, I urge
    >> acceptance of DocBook.  I'll make some comments below.

    Hal> I think it would also be a good idea to have packages available for
    Hal> download somewhere. One stop shopping.

Yes!

A month or so ago I wrestled getting sgmltools-lite working on my
laptop running SuSE V6.4 by doing installing dozen or so RPMs.  That
machine has since died and I'm about to go through the process with my
new SuSE V7.0 desktop system.

SuSE does include various docbook tools (db2XXX) but it won't properly
process my DocBook V3.1 document.  sgmltools-lite won't install until
a number of dependencies are addressed.

It would be nice to have a set of RPMs and tar.gz files that are known
to work on all the major linux distributions.

-marc
--
Marc Nozell <marc@nozell.com>		http://www.nozell.com