Re: Idea : common dir and tree (Rep:Re: Why not create packages?)

guylhemlistes@ifrance.com wrote:
[big snip]

> My idea : let's go for /opt/doc and put this tree, if
> FSSTND comes with an intelligent place in the future,
> it will just be a matter of replacing /opt/doc by
> that in the future.

I don't expect FSSTND to be updated; rather it is superceeded by the
FHS (File Hierarchy Standard) which is intended to be a standard for
more operating systems than Linux alone.

More information is available at
	http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

I believe the path for LDP documents would be somewhere below
	/usr/share/doc

Regards,
   Stein Gjoen