Re: Requiring use of DocBook; LinuxDoc

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> * Not removing from DocBook, removing from example. Read into it a little
>   harder, please, without issuing a flame.

I think you have a low ignition temperature.

> * DocBook is not 'obscure', it's quite straightforward.

There seem to be a lot of people who'd rather use LinuxDoc.
Their posts seem to describe DocBook as anything but
"straightforward." Certainly, there's a subset of folks that
think DocBook is too big for their computers.

> * Do you think DB:TDG is bad resource?

No, I think it's a reference, hardly a tutorial.

> * As a documentation writer, you need only care about your DocBook. DSSSL is

I need feedback. The ultimate objective is putting out
documentation that people can read, is it not? If I don't
know what effect the tags will have on the final product,
I'm running open-loop.

Gary