HOWTO-Index

I would like to work on the HOWTO-Index document. I see that it was originally
written by Guyhelm Aznar, Greg Ferguson, and Joshua Drake, but that it is
incomplete. It isn't an unmaintained document in the traditional sense, but I
know that the three of you are very busy with other LDP work, so if you would
like to pass the Index off to me, I would be happy to maintain it.

I spent the afternoon working through some ideas on a structure, and although
I'm not entirely satisfied with it, it is probably ready for some review. I will
post an outline, in plain text, from work tomorrow. This note is to make sure
I'm not duplicating work before I go any farther. :)

On an only slightly offtopic note, but one that might interest you, I have
convinced my boss to let me try a pilot program with an eye on replacing our
NT/IIS webservers with Linux/Apache. Trying to find the relevant HOWTOs to do
my first full install this morning was the "itch" that I need scratching.

It was in the process of doing this install that I realized how difficult it is
to find information in the LDP still. While DocBook, automated indexing, and
all that jazz may be great Computer Science, the HOWTO-Index will give more
bang for the buck in the _short_ run.

Regards,

David

--