Re: Lots of SPAM on the list

Am 13. Jun, 2000 schwäzte Guylhem Aznar so:

> On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 03:36:21AM +0200, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:
> > Why doesn't the list owner filter mail from unsubscribed addresses,
> > like all serious lists do? Majordomo, ezmlm, sympa, and other major
> > mailing-list managers allow for that, with the option of sending
> > foreign messages through moderators and/or dropping them.

I like the moderation method. It still allows posts from people who aren't
subscribed, but cans much of the spam.

> > Also, subscribing the RBL might be a jolly good idea.

I'm pretty certain it is, e.g. I think it was mentioned here or elsewhere
that lists hosted by debian use the RBL.

> Because some of us do not always use the same email address.

Ah, fix your client ;-). I know you seem to move around quite a bit, so
you're probably the one most hit by this. Would it be much of a problem to
subscribe the extra email addresses and then config them to not receive
mail? That's what I suggest with the lists I admin.

cioa,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
# It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.