Re: A Suggestion

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Rahul Joshi wrote:

>   I have a suggestion regarding the ldp-discuss mailing list. Can it be
> arranged that the subjects line of any mail a subscriber receives from
> ldp-discuss is prefixed with something like say "LDP-Mail" so that it
> becomes easier for the subscriber to classify the messages and set message
> filters?

There is a much batter way to filter. Look for the header:

In a procmail filter this would be:
#
# .procmailrc
#
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin
SHELL=/bin/sh
LOCKTIMEOUT=60
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmail.log
SENDMAIL=/usr/lib/sendmail

:0
IN.LDP

#
# EOF
#

<rant>
Mail systems that don't offer you this sort of sorting are loosers. I
wouldn't use outlook for mailinglists. It just takes too much time to read
compared to a text based mailreader like pine.
</rant>

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/