Re: Queued HOWTOs

I can provide some information on the status....

  We need to establish a decent processing environment on our host
  machine (metalab.unc.edu). We're in the process of doing that.

  I now realize the extreme pain the authors have to go thru wrt
  sgml-tools, etc.! I'm in the process of constructing
  a mechanism for taking either linuxdoc (supported by the old
  sgml-tools, pre 1.1) *and* DocBook SGML (using jade/DSSSL/etc. -
  all the tools and processes recommended in Jorge's HOWTO). It's
  been my own personal nightmare. ;-)

  Once that is in place, we should be able to efficiently process
  HOWTOs in a timely fashion.

  Yes we should have a means for allowing people to view the queue,
  although I would *hope* (once the env is in place), that something
  submitted would be processed in less than 24 hours, if not immediately
  (eventually).

  Greg Leblanc has a plan(?) to update the CVS server from metalab.
  We can also automate that thru a cron script at some point. He can
  speak to the mechanism.

Guylhem and Jorge can probably add to this...

best regards,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com  |