Re: Good news for docbook fans

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 12:53:23PM +0100, Guylhem Aznar wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 09:03:51AM -0200, Jorge Godoy wrote:
>
> > Don't deprecate plain text documents!!! They are very useful over slow
> > links or for a quick reference.
>
> So you will have a DOCBOOK dir and subdirs for each DocBook
> document.

Thanks!

> > Why are you asking? I think that we can create it and they'll keep
>
> Because the size will increase (docbook + pdf)

I forgot that. But, I was suggesting the we replace the PS files with
PDF ones. The increase is minimal... Or you were thinking about having
both? Remember that newer versions of ghostview also view PDF
files. And there's xpdf too.

The PDF use was suggested thinking about people migrating to Linux or
accessing documentations from other platforms with weak PS support
(such as Windows).

--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com.br>               GPG Fingerprint
                                         851B B620 626D 2AD0 E783

Except where explicitly stated I speak on my own behalf.
Exceto onde explicitado as declarações aqui feitas são apenas minhas.