Re: QC volunteers? (Was: Re: General Positive Feedback re: revision of site (fwd))

>You have ; I'll try to explain how HOWTOs should be submitted now :=20
>any new HOWTO or updated HOWTO *must* be sent to ldp-submit ml.
>
>On this list, many ppl receive them, therefore delivery problems are
>avoided.
>
>If Tim receive no negative feedback by QC, he can include them ; if they
>aren't processed say 1 week later, our webmasters will add a copy to the
>'incoming' section of linuxdoc.org (Joshua, could you add a link on the
>main page ?)
>
>Guylhem Aznar, Linux Documentation Project leader: http://www.linuxdoc.org

I think that waiting one week is way too long for a small revision to a
HOWTO.  You should have a password/signature system and put them onsite
immediately.  The only docs that should be held for QC are first-time
submissions or when a new maintainer first takes over a doc and
makes significant changes.  Other docs should undergo QC when they are
already posted at the LDP sites so that no delay is introduced.
The person doing the QC should hopefully understand the topic so they can
spot mistakes.

It should be pointed out that "incoming" means to be posted to the LDP
and mirror sites.  There should also be another 'incoming' section for
docs waiting for QC.
			David Lawyer