Re: SGML help needed

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Vern Hoxie wrote:

> I'm trying to format my new version of Serial-Programmind-HOWTO and
> can't seem to generate conventional formats.

> 6.
> The sgml2txt compiler complains that it can't find 'hyphen.en'.  Where
> can I get this dats base and where does 'sgml' expect to find it?

So you want things that were handled in Doc Book SGML but never even
properly touched in linuxdoc SGML. But yet you use linuxdoc SGML for now.

I suggest you turn to the SGMLtools mailinglist fro SGML assistance. But I
don't think you can get anywhere close to what you want with linuxdoc SGML
(as used by sgml-tools v1.0.x) and you would need DocBook SGML (as used by
SGMLtools v2.0.x) to get it done.

(I'm not nescessarily right but I wouldn't even know where to start with
linuxdoc restrictions now I am so used to DocBook SGML. And I don't want
to return to it anymore as well no I've seen the light ;-)

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/