Re: QC draft

	I agree with the foundation of a QC group and its aims.

	However I am slightly worried about how the implementation of the
mainifesto may impact community quality control.  One of the main
strengths of the Open Source movement (with docs as well as code) is its
ability to harness the energies of the community to improve what is out
there.  I do not think this model should be forgotten when it comes to
quality control and I should emphasise that whatever QC exists within the
LDP organisation the best QC is the community.  Therefore community
additions and modifications should be given as much weight and
consideration as official QC ones, such community submissions should be
facilitated and encouraged as they are so successfully with Open Source
code (look at the success of the GNOME project for the best template
around) and if QC modifications are consistently rejected by the community
then that community should be respected - after all that is who we do this
for.

	Comments?

	Paul

	Paul S Jenner
	GNU/Linux Advocate

	E-mail:	psj@mustec.eu.org
	WWW:	http://www.mustec.eu.org/~psj/

	UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL E-MAIL IS NOT WELCOME AT THIS ADDRESS