Re: Making It Easy For New Authors (was Re: Style Guide)

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 08:44:25PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> I think we should propose to beginners one and only one text processor,
> the simplest able to do all (lyx??) and let available a package with this
> processor and all what is necessary to start - I never manage to only read
> through the last HOWTO-HOWTO version.

Most new authors already know a text editor or word processor.  They
don't want to learn another just so they can write a doc on Linux.  So
show them how to do sgml with the software they already know.  That's
what's nice about LinuxDoc, fewer and shorter tags to manually enter.

			David Lawyer