Re: LDP Guide: Securing and Optimizing Linux

Hello,

Unfortunately the author wrote the book in MS Word which has caused our
"alternative formats" to be a little difficult. We are hoping by the
second or third edition (6-9 months) that we will have it completely
migrated to DocBook.

>When will it have editions for the other 100 distributions besides
>RedHat (-:

Well about 50% of those are based off of RedHat so we should be o.k. for
half :) but you will probably see a SuSe version at some point and
probably a Caldera or Mandrake.

Mandrake is still a little two close to RedHat to justify a separate book
but according to recent press releases that will be changing. Since
Mandrake has 20 percent of the US Market we will definately be looking at
this.

We are also looking at a YellowDog version.

On the other hand, any authors out there that want to help with this book
we are interested.... and hey we actually pay :) Although the pay is based
on sales.

Joshua Drake

<COMPANY>CommandPrompt	- http://www.commandprompt.com	</COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC.	- http://www.opendocs.org	</PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts 	- http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP		- http://www.linuxdoc.org	</WEBMASTER>
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.