LDP site updates

On the front/home page for the LDP (http://www.linuxdoc.org/), I have
modified the "Author/Contribute" box slightly:

    Authoring HOWTO    - points to the current HOWTO-HOWTO
    Intro to DocBook   - same as before (Jorge's document)
    How to Submit      - points to the submittal info found in the H-H
    CVS repository     - same as before
    Contribute / Help  - goes into a new "Authors" area (see below)
    Contacts           - same as before; list of contacts for LDP

------

"Authors: Contribute / Help" page (http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/)

    3 main areas to this page:

    Getting Started - a brief intro, points to the authoring HOWTO,
                      LDP manifesto, authoring assistance list and
                      registration info (more on this).

    Tasks - points to two lists:

      * markup assistance list (what needs to get marked up; HTML->SGML)
        http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/markup.html

      * unmaintained documents list (needs to be filled-in!)
        http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/unmaint.html

    Resources - quick-ref list of resources. Includes pointers
                to the template, DSSSL customization file, entities
                package, Authoring HOWTO (H-H), etc.

Authoring Assistance List (http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/vlist.html)

    This is where we can collect the info about people that wish
    to volunteer to assist in certain areas of the LDP.
    The data is collected in an XML-formated data file which
    I'll write a filter for (in order to update the HTML page itself).

---

Please provide comments/suggestions/etc. and feel free to register
if so inclined (http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/vlist.html#register).

regards,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com