Re: jade errors / ldp.dsl file

On Jun 13, 11:53am, Roel van Meer wrote:
> Subject: jade errors / ldp.dsl file
> Hi all,
>
> I've installed the dtd, the dsssl and jade like the H-H says. It
> mentions the ldp.dsl file, but does say exactly what to do with it.
> Can anyone help me out?

See how "Using ldp.dsl" in the H-H. There is a specific example
on it's usage -

    http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-HOWTO/tips.html#AEN420

If that still is not clear, let me know and I can provide you with more
detail.

> Second problem:
> I tried to convert the H-H.sgml to HTML. That worked. The only thing is,
> jade complains a LOT.
> I get three types of errors:
>

> jade:/usr/local/sgml/dtd/docbook.cat:22:0:W: DTDDECL catalog entries are
> not supported

Known error/warning. Harmless, but if it does bother you,
there is a fix which involves stripping a line or two out
of the SGML catalog file :

   Delete the DTDDECL lines from your catalog(s). Or use a
   different set of catalogs for Jade.

> jade:/usr/local/sgml/dtd/dbcent.mod:54:0:E: cannot open
> "/usr/local/sgml/dtd/iso-amsa.gml" (No such file or directory)

I have an entire entity package you can use:

    http://metalab.unc.edu/gferg/ldp/entities.tar.gz

you can place the contents of the entities.tar.gz file into
the /usr/local/sgml/dtd/ directory (or copy over just the
entity file that is referenced in the error msg).

> jade:/usr/local/sgml/dsssl/docbook/html/../common/dbl1ru.dsl:42:21:E:
> general entity "Pcy" not defined and no default entity

jade cannot map the entity П properly. Looks like a problem
with the iso-cyr1.gml entity file (Pcy should map to the
Cyrillic capital letter PE). There is a bug report filed
about this -- http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/54/54386.html

If it can't be mapped, some other type of mark will be inserted.
So if you are using those entities in your document, that is indeed
a problem.

There is a corrected entity file included in the bug report.
I can include that in the entity package I pointed you towards.

r,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com  |