RE: Authorship

I think that many of the Linuxdoc documents are good examples, and there's
not a lot of flexibility there.  I'll have to take a look at the DocBook
ones, but I don't personally like the markup turned out by either LyX or
Word Perfect.  Give me Emacs and I can get stuff done.  8^)  Even the
template that I converted from Stein's Linuxdoc version has only about 65%
of the markup that it could/should.

[snip]
> >I think it would be nice to use Stein's template as THE
> template.  There are
> >now DocBook and Linuxdoc versions (as of earlier today I
> created a DocBook
> >version).  I disagree with some of the markup, and more of
> the content, but
> >I'll get to those soon.
>
> This is something I'm interested in. After reading several
> HOWTOs, I really
> think they're good, but could stand some standardization.
> Templates would
> help this and help potential authors get started.

Yeah, another note on templates.  For some reason, some people believe that
"the template is right" when the find templates.  The template is nothing
more than a good example.  There are things that are probably wrong in
there, and there are certainly different ways of doing things than what's in
the template.  Perhaps I'll dig into the template a bit more, and see what I
can do with the DocBook version.
	Greg