Re: DocBook Walkthrough?

> Pardon me but these changes were made to the sgmltools almost a year ago.
> Using the ID stuff is the proper way. I still feel you try to let the SGML
> file do what the stylesheets should handle.

Sure, but what if somebody doesn't use sgmltools? I've used
sgmltoos-2.0.2 but the id= attribute didn't work for filenames, i had to
use the <?dbhtml> tag.

I myself have a high preference to use stylesheets and DTD's unmodified
as they are downloaded from sites as docbook.org open-source.org (or
something like that?) since that's the version most people have. If I go
and use modifications that only have made in sgmltool's version of the
stylesheets then those SGML files would only work best with that
sgmltols version and not universally.

All I am doing it writing SGML that has the same output for everybody
regardless the tool they happen to use (plain jade with default
stylesheets and DTD, or sgmltools with their modified versions and
perhaps other tools. Most of them all use the 'jade' package and built a
front-end around it. So I just run jade directly without front-ends (and
write a few simple shell scripts so I don't have to type the long jade
commands to get what I want).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org