Re: Something I would like to see

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 02:02:57PM -0700, Tom Fawcett wrote:
> Joshua Drake <poet@linuxports.com> wrote:
> > One of the constant drawbacks for the LDP in getting new authors is the
> > requirement that they submit with SGML.
>
> At the risk of sounding like an elitist snot, maybe this is a good thing.
>
> Speaking as a HOWTO author, there's a fair amount of work in organizing,
> writing, illustrating, indexing and maintaining a document.  Learning
> SGML/DocBook is not trivial, but it's not horrible either,

At the risk of repeating ad nauseam what several others have said, with Lyx
it is trivial.  Can't say I've actually learned it, really.  I just export
to DocBook or Linuxdoc, run sgmlcheck and pick up any errors using Vi (not
that Vi is essential, you could just page through the sgml and then go back
and correct the Lyx document).

--
Bruce

Unix and C are the ultimate computer viruses.
		-- Richard P. Gabriel