Re: Banner ads

Hello,

Well now that you have gotten that out of your system.

Some simple points:

Please read my other posts regarding this.

There are a few people that have made mention of the banner. We have
explained to them the situation, the details behind it, and the decision
to NOT do it again, at that they left it alone.

Also, speaking of mutiny does nothing but fan flames that have died down.
Why is it that someone who obviously has not viewed the web page in at
least a month decides to bring all this up after it has been raked over
the coals, dragged through compost, and soiled beyond any recognition
already?

Do we need a logo? Of course not, it was a marketing ploy to get people to
come to the website and either:

A. Discover the LDP
B. Re-discover the LDP
C. Provide something cool for a linux project.

You know what? It worked. We have people all over the place now asking how
they can contribute, if they can contribute, and new documents, changes
and updates to old documents almost weekly. We even won an award from a
very cool website.

Now is this all because of the Logo Contest? Again, of course not, some of
it is publicity of the OSWG, some of it is banners from linux.com, some of
it is members actively seeking other members, some of it, is just the
appearance of activity.

The whole point of this is that there is no way to make everyone happy.
That has been tried and failed. Some people are going to be happy, some
pissed, some neutral. That, is life, but in that outside of some fringers
even the pissed people continue to contribute, understanding the very
premise of this paragraph and I seriously doubt that a mutiny is coming.

Even of those that read this letter and get pissed off, it will be a small
majority, a vocal majority yes, but a small majority of the people
actually involved with the LDP.

Have a lovely weekend.

Joshua Drake

<Signature>
<GoodBye>This email was sent by Poet/Joshua Drake	</Goodbye>
		http://3513150318/
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts 	- http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP		- http://www.linuxdoc.org	</WEBMASTER>
</Signature>