Re: Debian Doc Project and LDP -- hail and well-met

Congratulations!

On Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 01:38:49AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>   - the DDP should not overlap the LDP in any way; any efforts for
>     general Linux documentation or free software documentation should
>     go as far upstream as possible, that is, and not excluded to,
>     sending patches to LDP maintainers and upstream software
>     maintainers.  This outlook is nothing less than what is required
>     by the Debian Social Contract.

If you have more authors, maybe they'd like to maintain some HOWTOs ?

>   - I personally feel that more efforts should be made to bring
>     translators into the mainstream.  CVS access, and the proper use

We are providing links to local LDPs.

>     of SGML (separating language-independant from language-dependant
>     material) can help this effort a lot.

The SGMLtools we use are unmaintained :-(

--
Guylhem Aznar, Linux Documentation Project leader: http://www.linuxdoc.org
               Clef PGP/PGP key:    http://oeil.qc.ca/~guylhem

PGP signature