updating web pages from CVS documentation areas -- ideas?

BTW, one issue I am considering now is that, given that the DDP has a
CVS area for documentation, how to automatically update web materials
from CVS such that released versions of documentation propogate to a
web page, and that working commits do not.

The only way I can think of doing this is by using branches, or by
using a special tag.  Both are not very satisfatory since (a) they
require a lot of discipline from documenters, and (b) I don't know of
tools offhand to automate this.

How are you guys in the LDP going to handle this?